RoyalBlue Rangers ATV Club

East Tennessee's Riding At Its Best
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 pm 
Mud Puppy
Mud Puppy

I've built some very extensive royal blue GPS custom maps for Garmin GPS units that support custom maps and bird's Eye maps.
The files are .Kmz format and you simply connect the garmin to a computer via USB and copy them to the Garmin's /GARMIN/MAPS folder.
I took the offical Royal blue trail maps scanned them and broke them into many high resolution 1024 grids. Then geo refferenced them all.
There are also several POI added and I've got accompanying tracks for many of the main trails.
I tested them on July 4th weekend by riding the trails using them. They appear to be dead on accurate.
I've got about 40 hours into georefferencing and verifying them. I'm trying to finance another trip down to map the un-marked trails. Those interested can send me an email. I'm asking for a 20$ donation via paypal. Once you pay I will send you additional maps as I update them.
I'll also convert any printed trail maps you have to .KMZ files and have some other popular ATV trails converted.
email me if interested to
raleigh@raleighburns.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:03 pm 
Mud Puppy
Mud Puppy

Are you still doing trail updates?
We have a Garmin NUVI (about 3 years old now). Wondered if I could download Royal Blue Trail maps to it?

Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________
Yamaha Rhino (2012 Sport Edition)
Suzuki LT-Z250
Honda's CRF230 & CRF150
Yamaha TTR125L

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 am 
Mud Puppy
Mud Puppy

Thats a good question! I also have a Nuvi and have been wondering the same thing, I would definitely be interested in that.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 pm 
Mud Puppy
Mud Puppy

The Garmin Nuvi series does not support custom maps in the format the OP is using.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 am 
RBRs President
RBRs  President

You can purchase Dan's Map program, it is made for Garmin GPS's. I believe he has a thread about his maps on the Windrock board. The only thing is with a Nuvi, car based GPS, is you will not have topograghical info unless you also purchase a topo map from Garmin although it is not needed. With Dan's maps loaded you will see the trails just not the lay of the land.

Correction, with Dan's maps there IS a base topo underlayment.

Johnnybubu, could you please pm me a contact number for you, Thanks.

2010 White Polaris RZR-S w/ EMP UHMW skids, Seismic rear view mirror, Polaris Sport Roof, Polaris Locknride Trunk, Homemade Stereo, Ritron RPM-450 Patriot Mobile 2-Way Radio, Homemade front mud flaps, RJS 4 point harnesses, 1lb fire extinguisher, Kolpin "Old Style" Flat fuel pack, Kolpin new Fuel pack Jr. w/ Homemade mount, 12" Totron LED Light Bar, LED underdash accent lights, Bigmike's Wide Open Cooling Mod

Kountrygurl's ride- 2010 Kawi Teryx Sport with many add ons!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 pm 
Trail Captain
Trail Captain

I've been using Dan's maps for 3 yrs now.. He also provides updates on a regular basis.

Garmin Oregon 200 / Midland-GTX1050 Radios

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." - Ben Franklin